Reminiscing on my time at the pet shop, since we don’t actually own any dogs. I’m also incredibly shocked I spelled reminiscing correctly on the first try.
Wait, what was I saying?
Oh, right. Dogs. I’ve had to move on to a new work situation due to health issues, but here’s a list of the critters I will sorely miss:
- That little old dog in the jean jacket
- That big fluffy dog, and that one, and that one, and that…
- The weird little husky with two different colored eyes
- The cat that comes in on a stroller
- Zeus/Karma/whatever name that chameleon’s going by now
- Eugene/ Stirfry
- Yeldarb, Tumbleweed, Big D, the Bunny Master, the Art Historian, Peaches/Chief/Trogdor/Unicorn Tamer, the Kiwi, and Fallout/Fester
And for everyone else? Thank you so much for stopping by. I’ll see you again next week. *waves*
Wishing you the best,
Ditrie Marie Bowie (née Sanchez) is a Puerto Rican in British Columbia, Canada who writes fiction. She is a member of the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi) and co-editor of Strange Stories to Tell in the Park. Bowie is also the creator of the webcomic, This Writer Can’t Draw. A classically trained pianist and former educator, she has lived in three different countries spanning two continents. And she met her spouse in a video game.
Did You Miss Some Comics?
Cheesy Writing Montage · Things I Do While Writing · Bookworm Problems · How to Words · Changing Perspective · Focused · The Dream · Writing Workshop · Squirrel! · Spelling · Reading Time · The Writer Life · Mark Your Place · Bad News · Reaction · The Stranger Effect · Typing · Work · Funny Face · Progress? · Circling the Issue · Mammals Are Weird
Got what it takes to top the leader boards?
I’m counting on you.
Free to Share, Not to Sell
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.